Feeling Good Over 40

Feeling Good Over 40

Friday 8 May 2015

Thai Green Curry Recipe

I am lucky enough to have a Thai Mini Mart quite close to me and I`ve passed it many times but never gone in as I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I suppose I thought I would feel a bit intimidated as I'm new to Thai cooking and usually get my ingredients from the supermarket. Anyway, one day I plucked up the courage and went in and boy am I glad I did.

Here's the recipe that was given to me by the two charming ladies who run the shop. Give it a try and let me know what you think.



Ingredients From My Local Thai Shop



How Thai people make Thai Green Curry.



Ingredients
6 ounces chicken (in smallish bite sized pieces, or thin little strips)
1 cup all natural coconut milk
4 white aubergine
100 grams pea aubergine
5-6 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
2 tablespoons fresh Thai basil leaves
1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon palm sugar
oil for cooking
1 tablespoon green curry paste
Method
Briefly fry the curry paste in a bit of oil until fragrant, reduce the heat, and add 1/2 cup coconut milk slowly. Continue to stir while cooking until a thin film of oil appears on the surface.
Add the chicken and other ingredients.. Cook over low heat, slowly adding the balance coconut milk, until the chicken begins to change colour. Adjust the flavors to suit yourself. Cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a serving dish, top with a few leaves of fresh basil, and serve with jasmine rice. Makes two small servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment