Feeling Good Over 40

Feeling Good Over 40

Saturday 13 February 2016

Valentines Day Make Up

Okay love it or loath it, Valentines day is upon us so I decided to do a make up look that's perfect if your lucky enough to be going out to dinner, going away for the weekend or just staying in with a DVD and a bottle of wine.

I know that a lot of make up looks on the Internet are by professional make up artists using numerous products but I wanted to do a look that all women can achieve.  There is no fancy lighting, make up brushes or products that cost a fortune. Of course, you can substitute any of the products I used with those you already have.




Here goes, I hope you like it.......





Okay here I am in all my red shininess complete with Soap & Glory hair turban....I have prepped my skin with the Paula's Choice Resist Serum and Moisturiser















I applied Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Desert Beige (a free sample from Boots) with my fingers and then used Fit Me Maybelline Concealer in No 15 under my eyes.



I then primed my eyes with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer (Anti Ageing) then patted on Mac Blanc Type....onto the eyelids



For my crease colour I used a Bare Minerals Quad in Mingle and applied it with a Mac 217 (the poshest brush I own)


I then lined my eyes with Mac Fluid Eye-Liner Gel in black (not particularly well I may add but we are keeping it real ) The brush I used was a Louise Young LY24 (thank you Rougepout Beauty for introducing me to it)

                                                     
For my brows I used Anastasia Brow Dipbrow Pomade and an angled brush


Next up is  Mac Powder Blush in Melba applied with an Eco Tools blusher brush



I then added two coats of Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara and Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

As my foundation is soooo matte (am not really liking this foundation to be honest, I prefer a more dewy look) I added some Anastasia Beverley Hills Starlight Illuminator to give me a bit of a glow.


I then lined my lips with No 7 Precision Lips in the colour  Red and filled them in with No 7 Moisture Drench lipstick in the shade Soft Paprika



The finished result unphotoshopped, no special lighting, just a few products and an iphone



Happy Valentines day everyone xxxx


1 comment: